The Custom Sofa Centre Warranty
Goods purchased from The Custom Sofa Centre come with warranty that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law (ACL). You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure. A major failure occurs when the defect (or defects) is no less than what is considered a major failure under the ACL; the Product is significantly different to any description, sample or model; or the Product is substantially unfit for purpose and cannot be easily remedied within a reasonable time; or the Product is unsafe.
Where a Major Fault in a Product occurs within:
- the first 3 months of a Guarantee Period for Products Priced at $500 or less: or
- the first 6 months for Products Priced over $500
We will at your option, repair the Product, replace the Product or provide a full refund. What constitutes a Major Fault under this warranty will be determined by us in our absolute discretion. When doing so we may rely on the advice of independent contractors. However, our determination does not affect your rights under the ACL. Frame seam & cushion alignment, scuff marks, compression indentations, the change of shape in cushions, colour variation, fabric pilling, loose or fraying stitching, tears to dust covers & small tears do not constitute a Major Fault.
The Custom Sofa Centre provides product warranty only to the original purchaser, provided it was bought from The Custom Sofa Centre store and proof of purchase is presented. Warranty is valid on the internal frame and mechanism (recliner &/or sofa bed) and is covered against manufacturing and material defects for a period of six (6) months. This is provided that the defect is not due to normal wear and tear, or a natural characteristic of the material used. The padding, comfort foams, suspension system, stitching, sofa base dust cover, mattresses and mechanisms of our furniture are covered against defects for a period of six (6) months.
The fabric and leather upholstery of our furniture is covered against splitting and tearing due to manufacturing and material defects for a period of six (6) months. This is provided that the defect is not a result of normal wear and tear, or a natural characteristic of the material used.
If an item is sold off the floor, it is sold in a an "as is" condition, all goods should be checked carefully prior to purchase. Any known defects will be noted on your invoice. The purchase of floor stock (Ex Display) from the showroom will carry a maximum warranty period of 6 months, no extended warranties are available or possible.
What does my warranty exclude?
The Custom Sofa Centre’s warranty policy specifically excludes claims for:
- Products used in commercial, rental trade, institutional or other non-residential use.
- The normal and expected settling of soft filling such as polyester fibres.
- The stretching of leather or fabric as a result of normal wear.
- Failure to maintain feather fill as advised resulting in compacted fill.
- Natural settlement of foam due to normal wear and tear.
- Fabric pilling.
- Leather grain variation, colour variation, wrinkling, markings, scars resulting from the natural features of the hide.
- Damage or degradation of leather or fabric coverings not properly maintained; that is, the regular removal of dust and dirt by appropriate means and the application of endorsed cleaning and leather nourishing products as instructed at the time of sale.
- Damage to leather or fabric coverings due to the application of chemicals, cleaners or conditioners not endorsed by The Custom Sofa Centre.
- Discolouration of leather or fabric coverings resulting from exposure to direct sunlight, extreme heat or similar conditions.
- Damage to leather or fabric coverings caused by the transference of perspiration, body oils or the corrosive ingredients contained in personal care products such as hair gels and skin creams.
- Surface scratches, dents, chips, marks, accidental breakages, normal wear and tear or damage resulting from misuse or abuse.
- Damage incurred during handling and transportation of the product by the customer or their contractor.
- Damages resulting from dye transfer from rugs, cushions, jeans, and other clothing.
- Furniture repaired by contractors not endorsed by The Custom Sofa Centre.
- The cost of transportation from the purchaser to The Custom Sofa Centre or its agents if the claim is not covered by the standard warranty conditions.
- Warranty does not cover faults caused by the product being installed incorrectly or used not in accordance with the product care manual.
- Exceeding product weight limitations.
- Frame, seam & cushion alignment that are within the handcrafted tolerance level of 15mm for fixed seats and 20mm for modular and or motion seats.
What should I do if I require assistance?
Our Customer Care Centre operates from 9:00am – 5:00pm AEST, Monday – Friday, for all your after sales product and delivery queries please contact our Customer Care Centre by emailing
Warranty Claim Procedure
If you would like to submit a warranty claim, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a copy of your purchase order, an explanation of your concern and at least 2 photos/short videos in reference to the issue. Please ensure that you report any concerns or defects within 7 days of noticing it. Once you have raised a warranty request, we may arrange for a Customer Care team member or contractor to visit your home to inspect your goods. The team member or contractor will assess your furniture to verify that the product presents manufacturing defects. Please note that in some instances more than one inspection may be required.
When accessing your claim, the team may request that you email further pictures to support your claim. If your claim is valid, The Custom Sofa Centre will repair, replace or refund the defective product under the terms and conditions of Australian Consumer Law. We remind our customers that softening of cushioning should be expected as a result of normal use and is not to be confused with the loss of structural integrity.
These warranties are not transferable, and any service is available only to the original purchaser.
Where a non-warrantable fault or defect is found upon inspection the customer is liable to pay a service call out fee of $189 including GST.
Our in-home warranty service only operates within a 50 Kilometre distance of our store, and within areas easily accessible by normal passenger vehicles. Please note that a service request requiring travel outside of this distance from the store will incur additional travel charges or require the customer to return item back to the store of purchase for repair, replacement, or refund.
The benefits given by this warranty are additional to other rights and remedies that you may have under law. Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law; you are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of an acceptable quality and the fault does not amount to a major failure. The choice of repair, replace or refund in the instance of a minor fault or failure is at the retailer’s preference. Frame, seam & cushion alignment, scuff marks, compression indentations, the change of shape in cushions, colour variation, fabric stretching, loose or fraying stitching, tears to dust covers & small tears do not constitute a Major Fault.